Okay, so the title is a joke because I am not creative enough and if someone mentions the word “awards” to me it’s the first thing that will pop into my mind. But, that’s all beside the point! Recently(-ish… it’s been a while now but I never got the chance to respond without having 50 other things on my mind), I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my awesome blog friend who I would like that thank, once again! My blog is a just a record of daily events. I would have liked for it to be slightly more, something that shows more of me, but I’ve never really succeeded in maintaining things like that, and I’m often too shy to reveal my inner-self. I do occasionally share with you all, a taste of something I have created because in all honesty, it’s what I like to do. I wish I could do more of it, but I think that part of the barrier is me not being open enough about it and not having confidence in myself enough to show it. Oh look, I’ve babbled on again. To cut a long story short, I am happy with how this blog as progressed. It has turned out to be something different from what I expected it to be, but it’s not at all bad and I hope you are all enjoying it too! 🙂
Here are the questions I was asked:
- If you had a chance to officially change your name, what would it be? I’m debating whether to go for something serious or completely whack.But given that the question specifically says “officially” I guess I’ll go with the serious one. If I could, I would change my first name to Dilara and I’d take my mother’s surname, Meral because it’s easier to pronounce universally.
- Which country do you think would be directly below you, on the other side of the Earth? Well, directly below me is France, and I guess if I go along that towards the west, I would end up in the U.S.A…
- Swimming pool or the beach? That is a tough one! I prefer swimming in a pool to swimming in the sea, but I love the beach. That’s the best answer I can give!
- Who is the biggest person in your life? Physically, it’s my dad. But, who do I feel is the biggest and greatest? My sister, I love her and I’m so proud of her!
- Your opinion on.. marshmallows? (You heard it!) Bleugh. I get sick just thinking about them… sorry, they’re just too sweet!
- Do you believe in ‘love at first sight’? No, but who knows maybe someone will surprise me!
- Greatest ambition/achievement in life? I won’t specify a job, because honestly, I just want to do something I love. So my greatest ambition and achievement is to live life to it’s fullest and waste away doing something I love.
- Have you ever arrived at a point in time, when you just felt like giving up on someone? Yes, many times. I would say that I have given up on someone, and now I just live with them the way they are, because (apparently) you can’t change anybody.
- Ever been so happy about something, that you just yelled out about it? YES!
- Who would you put first–lover (unmarried) or best friend? I’m going to go with best friend for two reasons: 1) I don’t have a lover at the moment. 2) In my experience lovers haven’t lasted but best friends always do.
- Okay, last one.. How many months have twenty-eight days? EVERY MONTH HAS (at least) 28 DAYS 😀 You can’t trick me with this one, I’m a leap day baby myself!
… And, here are 11 random facts about me which took me quite a while to find:
- I am often loud and not afraid to fight for myself.
- I am also quiet about most of my strengths (I hate boasting, and I suck at boasting, and I’d rather no one knows about the things I can do).
- Despite the fact that I can be loud and open, I fail at most relationships because I don’t know what to do with myself 😀
- Although red is one of my favourite colours I own little to no clothing or accessory items in that colour.
- I’m quite emotional and cry frequently but I almost never shed a tear in public.
- I love animals. Once there was a mouse in our house and when my mum found it and asked me what to do, I asked her if we had a cage we could keep it in (and apparently, I was unhelpful).
- I scream or squeak reflexively even if I’m not scared… It’s really weird and I hate it.
- I like to sing and I love acting.
- I’m a bit of a daydreamer…
- Most people can’t see it, but I can be very ambitious and determined to do/achieve something. I hate that my daily personality hides this side of me.
- I often wish I was born earlier and got to experience the 20th century more…
Now it’s time for me to nominate other blogs for the Liebster Award… I did some research and read here that you have to pick 3-5 blogs so here are my 4 nominees. (I also found out that apparently the maximum number of readers used to be 3000 but is now 200 for some strange reason…) Although answering the questions and finding 11 random facts took some time, this took way longer! So nominees, you have been nominated with care 🙂
And finally, here are the questions that you are all required to answer for me!
- Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
- If you could “disapparate” to a different moment in time, to the past or the future where would you go, and what would you do?
- What’s the most exotic place that you’ve been to?
- What’s your biggest regret in life?
- Are you superstitious?
- Who’s your favourite author/poet? Can you recommend any good reads?
- Describe yourself using one adjective that you believe best suits you.
- What’s the first thing you can actually remember doing as a child? What’s your very first memory?
- Do you have any special tricks up your sleeve? Something cool that you can do, like a back flip or balancing a chair on your finger? Any hidden talents?
- Tea or coffee? (I know it sounds like a dumb question but it says a lot to me! 😛
Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the final question so I must choose wisely so I will reward you with my favourite joke. Here it goes…
- What did the ghost say to the bee?
There we go, done. Thanks once again for the nomination, and I apologize a million times for not having posted this until now. It has literally been months since I was nominated…
To my nominees, try not to make my mistake because I can imagine that I will be anxious to hear what you have to say and don’t forget to nominate 3-5 blogs with under 200 readers as well as the 11 questions that you will be asking them!